Multiple image transitions

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
kopitou

Multiple image transitions

#1 Post by kopitou »

Hello! I believe this has been asked before, but all the responses I've seen linked to incredibly wordy solutions that I am first of all too dumb to understand and second of all cant even read because of the insane amount of words;;

I would really appreciate if someone could help me understand how to do this with a simple, well-spaced reply so that I can read it;;

I need Image A to ease in downwards, and Image B to ease in upwards, while I need the logo to fade in, all at the same time, and I can't figure out how.

Right now, literally all I have is this:

Code: Select all

show imgB with easeinbottom
    show imgA with easeintop
    show logo with Dissolve(0.5)

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

Re: Multiple image transitions

#2 Post by Donmai »

I'll try to be as brief as possible. You want three things to happen simultaneously. You can't do that with transitions that interrupt game flow while executing. You can do that using ATL transforms and the parallel ATL statement.
ATL documentation is here: https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/atl.html
Several examples of ATL use can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=16604
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)