Need help in making an image-map

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
DeathSummoner
Regular
Organization: PekoPeko
Deviantart: pekopeko7

Need help in making an image-map

#1 Post by DeathSummoner »

Hi, I am new to Renpy software and making visual novel game and i never learned any codes anywhere. But i am learning from the internet and from people but still a newbie
So my question is about making an imagemap. I want a clickable map like when a mouse hovers over a building it will glow and then the players can click on it, after that living room with other doors leading to other rooms will appear and player can also click on them and can go into those rooms.
I am done making the maps, and other rooms and all i am left is with codings.
I tried finding some information from cookbook and got some links: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=22410#p283359
viewtopic.php?p=127273
but i didnot understand most of what they were saying. And faced most difficulties in understanding "Hotspot"
https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/screens.html#hotspot
so can anyone please guide me what should and how should i start coding the imagemap?

vanillasushi

Re: Need help in making an image-map

#2 Post by vanillasushi »

I'm not sure if you've seen this thread or not, but so far this is the only simplest imagemap tutorial that I can understand even if I'm not a pro at programming :D viewtopic.php?f=51&t=46229 I don't really know how to implement imagemaps on which you click on a door and it leads you to another room, but I think maybe starting from the basics could help before moving on to create a fully funtional navigation map?

DeathSummoner
Regular

#3 Post by DeathSummoner »

vanillasushi wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:39 am I'm not sure if you've seen this thread or not, but so far this is the only simplest imagemap tutorial that I can understand even if I'm not a pro at programming :D viewtopic.php?f=51&t=46229 I don't really know how to implement imagemaps on which you click on a door and it leads you to another room, but I think maybe starting from the basics could help before moving on to create a fully funtional navigation map?
thanks a lot friend...that post really explained most of my inquiries.

DeathSummoner
Regular

#4 Post by DeathSummoner »

Code: Select all

# The script of the game goes in this file.

# Declare characters used by this game. The color argument colorizes the
# name of the character.

# The game starts here.
#Preparing townmap

screen map:
    imagemap:
        idle "townmap_ground"
        ground "townmap_locked"
        hover "townmap_hover"

hotspot (501, 469, 163, 103) clicked 

label start:

this is upto what i could comeup...anyone can help me understand from here?