help, screen avto what....

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Andredron
Miko-Class Veteran

help, screen avto what....

#1 Post by Andredron »

Hello everyone, tell me please.
I make a friend on his manga application, and there are more than 200 pages, tell me how to make renpy automatically create a screen template, for each manga page. This can be done by manually setting up 200 screens. I tried the imagebutton type from the auto example-the error goes out.
Tell me please

xavimat
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Yeshua, Jesus Life, Cops&Robbers
Projects: Fear&Love, unknown
Organization: Pilgrim Creations
Github: xavi-mat
itch: pilgrimcreations

Re: help, screen avto what....

#2 Post by xavimat »

I don't fully understand you.
It seems that you want RenPy to present 200 static images in order. Maybe you want to try a simpler application. RenPy can do that, but it's too powerful to learn only for this simple thing.

That said, you can easily make a screen that displays an image with add and that image is defined by a variable that can change.
Comunidad Ren'Py en español: ¡Únete a nuestro Discord!
Rhaier Kingdom A Ren'Py Multiplayer Adventure Visual Novel.
Cops&Robbers A two-player experiment | Fear&Love Why can't we say I love you?
Honest Critique (Avatar made with Chibi Maker by ~gen8)

irredeemable
Regular

#3 Post by irredeemable »

Depending on what you're trying to accomplish you may not even need a screen to do this. Let's say you have files named 'page 1.jpg' through 'page 200.jpg' in your images directory, you could display them sequentially with only:

Code: Select all

label start:
    python:
        for i in range(1, 201):             # lower bound is inclusive upper bound is exclusive. i know, right?
            renpy.show("page " + str(i))
            renpy.pause()

Andredron
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by Andredron »

irredeemable wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:14 am Depending on what you're trying to accomplish you may not even need a screen to do this. Let's say you have files named 'page 1.jpg' through 'page 200.jpg' in your images directory, you could display them sequentially with only:

Code: Select all

label start:
    python:
        for i in range(1, 201):             # lower bound is inclusive upper bound is exclusive. i know, right?
            renpy.show("page " + str(i))
            renpy.pause()
Thank you! That's what I was looking for!