Visual Studio Code Support ?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
monyarm
Deviantart: monyarm
Github: monyarm

Visual Studio Code Support ?

#1 Post by monyarm »

Looking online i've found a github link for VS Code support, and on this forum i've found a link toward the extension, and seen PyTom mention that it exists. But the Github link and the VS Code Marketplace link both 404, would anyone happen to have a copy of the extension ?

Ultra_HR
Regular
Completed: Surkea, Arcadia, Cerulean
Projects: Missing Stars
Organization: Somnova Studios
IRC Nick: Ultra_HR

Re: Visual Studio Code Support ?

#2 Post by Ultra_HR »

Yeah, I've just noticed this is missing. A real pain. Really hope someone is able to find a copy of it soon.
I'm the writing lead for Somnova Studios and the Annaliese route writer for Missing Stars. You can play Act 1 now. I also co-wrote Arcadia and did programming for Cerulean.

Yoshinoes

#3 Post by Yoshinoes »

Is it allowed to post a link here of the extension? I have a copy of it.

rayminator
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by rayminator »

Yoshinoes wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:37 am Is it allowed to post a link here of the extension? I have a copy of it.
I have look at the forums rule i can't see anything wrong with share a link to help anyone as long it not copy-rights to it

there should be a text file read me or copy-rights file with it open it and read it to see what it says if it says you can share it then you can. but it if doesn't have the text file that means it doesn't have copy-rights to it

5.) No Illegal Content/Links
Links to warez, pirated games, torrents, or any other illegal means of acquiring software are not allowed. Instructions on how to obtain software illegally are not allowed.

Yoshinoes

#5 Post by Yoshinoes »

rayminator wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:30 pm
Yoshinoes wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:37 am Is it allowed to post a link here of the extension? I have a copy of it.
I have look at the forums rule i can't see anything wrong with share a link to help anyone as long it not copy-rights to it

there should be a text file read me or copy-rights file with it open it and read it to see what it says if it says you can share it then you can. but it if doesn't have the text file that means it doesn't have copy-rights to it

5.) No Illegal Content/Links
Links to warez, pirated games, torrents, or any other illegal means of acquiring software are not allowed. Instructions on how to obtain software illegally are not allowed.
Looks like it's allowed to distribute it, I'll post it then.

I threw it on my Onedrive, let me know if there are any issues! Put the folder inside the .zip into your extensions folder for VS Code. (Link removed, use the one below instead.)
Last edited by Yoshinoes on Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#6 Post by Donmai »

Oops. It's asking for an MS login. Can anyone please attach the file to a new post?
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#7 Post by PyTom »

Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Yoshinoes

#8 Post by Yoshinoes »

Sorry about that, threw it on google drive instead. Thank you for the link, PyTom!

New Link

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#9 Post by Donmai »

Thank you so much Yoshinoes. I once thought that VSCode was the future for Ren'Py script editing, but then people started falling in love with Atom...
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

Yoshinoes

#10 Post by Yoshinoes »

Donmai wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:38 pm Thank you so much Yoshinoes. I once thought that VSCode was the future for Ren'Py script editing, but then people started falling in love with Atom...
No problem! I used to use Atom, but VSCode has become my go-to for just about everything, especially Ren'Py script editing. :D