[SOLVED]Main menu background slideshow

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Udar

[SOLVED]Main menu background slideshow

#1 Post by Udar »

Hello guys,I'm pretty new to this community and I'm asking for your help.

I created a main menu but the background is static.However I came up with the idea of creating a fading repeating background slideshow.I searched online but I didn't find anything helpful.That's why I started this topic and I'm hoping somebody can help me.
Last edited by Udar on Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Veteran
Completed: Dungeons and Don't Do It, Wake Up
Projects: Lethe
IRC Nick: Pacermist

Re: Main menu background slideshow

#2 Post by 78909087 »

I'm pretty sure the code for this is to create and define an animation using ATL and then change the main menu background to = that animation.
I am not friends with the sun.

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

Re: Main menu background slideshow

#3 Post by Donmai »

Doing a search for "slideshow" I've found some threads like this: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=37150
The first post explains how to do what you want. The discussion that follows is also interesting.
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

Udar

Re: [SOLVED]Main menu background slideshow

#4 Post by Udar »

thx a lot