Quoting someone when asking a question

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Lord Hisu
Regular

Quoting someone when asking a question

#1 Post by Lord Hisu »

Not really a Renpy or programming question, I know, but I will ask anyways.
I know my questions are not simple, and sometimes they don't really have a right answer, so that limits the amount of people here who can be of some help or at least start a discussion.

Said that, recently I have been resisting the urge to quote people I know could help or at least give some thoughts about the topic, just to make them see my post. Is that bad? I don't ask that many questions, so I think it wouldn't be a bother for whoever I quote, but that's really relative.

What do you guys think? You would be bothered to be quoted in one of my topics?

trooper6
Lemma-Class Veteran
Projects: A Close Shave

Re: Quoting someone when asking a question

#2 Post by trooper6 »

I don't think you should quote people as a means to ping them. It puts people in an awkward situation of looking like a jerk if they don't have time to answer you right then. It puts pressure on people. Post your question and let people who are moved to answer, answer. Just my 2cents.
A Close Shave:
*Last Thing Done (Aug 17): Finished coding emotions and camera for 4/10 main labels.
*Currently Doing: Coding of emotions and camera for the labels--On 5/10
*First Next thing to do: Code in all CG and special animation stuff
*Next Next thing to do: Set up film animation
*Other Thing to Do: Do SFX and Score (maybe think about eye blinks?)
Check out My Clock Cookbook Recipe: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 51&t=21978

Lord Hisu
Regular

Re: Quoting someone when asking a question

#3 Post by Lord Hisu »

trooper6 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:35 pm I don't think you should quote people as a means to ping them. It puts people in an awkward situation of looking like a jerk if they don't have time to answer you right then. It puts pressure on people. Post your question and let people who are moved to answer, answer. Just my 2cents.
That's exactly the type of feedback I wanted. Thanks!