[SOLVED] Screen, imagebutton and actions

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
runs
Regular

[SOLVED] Screen, imagebutton and actions

#1 Post by runs »

I want a rose picked by the player, and then a sound effect played. I have the following code in my game:

script.rpy:

Code: Select all

call screen show_item("img/item/rose.png")
screens.rpy:

#Transforms
transform _show_item:    
    zoom 0.3
    linear 1.0 zoom 0.8

transform fade_item:      
    linear 1.0 zoom 0.85
    additive 0.15

#Screens

screen show_item(_item):
    modal True
    $change_cursor("hand64")
    imagebutton idle _show_item(_item)  hover fade_item(_item) xanchor 0.5 xpos 0.5 yanchor 0.5 ypos 0.65 action [renpy.play("sound/effects/realization.ogg"), Return()]
Without the first action (play a sound) the code works OK, but when I add it, the sound plays three times when the screen is called (why?), and one time when is closed (this is right).

Any tip to solve?

Well, I can solve it simply doing:

call screen show_item("img/item/rose.png")
play sound effect.realization
But there are two lines in the script. I'd just prefer calling the function.
Last edited by runs on Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Enchant00
Regular

Re: Screen, imagebutton and actions

#2 Post by Enchant00 »

Hmm not really sure what could be causing the problem but I think instead of using the renpy.play change it instead to activate_sound. Something like so:

imagebutton idle _show_item(_item)  hover fade_item(_item) xanchor 0.5 xpos 0.5 yanchor 0.5 ypos 0.65 activate_sound 'sound/effects/realization.ogg' action Return()
I tested this with a texbutton and it seems to work. Not sure if it applies to imagebutton but since both imagebutton and textbutton inherit from button it should theoretically work.

runs
Regular

Re: Screen, imagebutton and actions

#3 Post by runs »

Oh, thanks, your answer was so sucessful!!!