how to block things(screenshots, rollbacks, and skips)

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
wear_socks

how to block things(screenshots, rollbacks, and skips)

#1 Post by wear_socks »

Hi, i just started renpy.
But i don't want people skip just to watch endings.
I wonder how to block screenshots, rollbacks or skips.

thank you!

parttimestorier
Veteran
Completed: No Other Medicine, Well Met By Moonlight, RE:BURN, The Light at the End of the Ocean, Take A Hike!, Wizard School Woes
Projects: Seeds of Dreams
itch: janetitor

Re: how to block things(screenshots, rollbacks, and skips)

#2 Post by parttimestorier »

Why do you want to block all those things? I can kind of understand that you want people to read the story the way you intended it instead of skipping anything, but you can't guarantee that that will happen even if you disable the skip function. I'm not sure very many people even skip through things just to see the end anyway. If they're not interested in the story, they'll probably just stop reading rather than continue to read bits and pieces of it. If anything, you would only be inconveniencing people who accidentally deleted their saves or something and just want to skip back to where they were. And for the other features, rollbacks are important for if you realize you might have misread the previous line or something and you want to double-check it, and I can't imagine any reason you wouldn't want people to take screenshots that they might share with their friends, thereby giving you free advertising.
ImageImageImage

rayminator
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by rayminator »

and disable the screenshots won't work anyways there are programs out there that can take screenshots and also you can hit ctrl+print screen and then go to any photo software and paste it and to disable skip is possible but don't how to do it

Ocelot
Lemma-Class Veteran
Github: MiiNiPaa
Discord: MiiNiPaa#4384

#4 Post by Ocelot »

< < insert Rick Cook quote here > >