How do you change the main menu options?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
DoshirakQueen

How do you change the main menu options?

#1 Post by DoshirakQueen »

Okay, I am a HUGE noob when it comes to Ren'Py, so please excuse me for asking such a (probably) stupid question, but...
How do you change the main menu options? Like get it to show "New Game" instead of "Start", or not show "Help" at all, etc.
(Please provide the code nesessary and explain where do I insert it because, as I said, I'm a noob)
If you can, please also help with changing the options at the bottom of the textbox, like "Back", "Save", etc... (specifically, getting it to not show some of these options)

kivik
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: How do you change the main menu options?

#2 Post by kivik »

Main menu: open screens.rpy search for the line:

Code: Select all

screen navigation():
This is the main menu screen, have a play here but it should be obvious what you need to change. Compare it to the game's main menu for reference if you're unsure.

Hide Quick Menu:

viewtopic.php?t=39604

rayminator
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: How do you change the main menu options?

#3 Post by rayminator »

things that you want to hide but not to remove them just in-case you change your mind put # in front of the textbutton

find in screen

textbutton _("Start") action Start()
change it

textbutton _("New Game") action Start()
to hide something it should change to grey

#textbutton _("Start") action Start()