[April Fools] More Feature Deprecations

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Hentai Senshi
Regular

Re: More Feature Deprecations

#16 Post by Hentai Senshi »

Oh noes, not my precious Python sound commands! I don't mind losing imagemaps, that'll just force me to make Tentacularity 2's imagemaps by hand (and hence Better Than Stock), but I need Python audio if I want sound effects in network play mode that are anything resembling sane to code.

In general, though, I support the change list. It's time we got the cruft out of the way and got back to writing games. I presume the default preferences screen with its piles of options that most of us never use is also on the chopping block?
Project statii:
Yuri no Yume: Wet Night: Released!
Tentacularity: Released!
LoliFindsKitten: AlphaBetaThingy...

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#17 Post by Aleema »

xD! You got me! And NO ONE has gotten me today. I applaud you, sir.
Last edited by Aleema on Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Preludian
Regular

#18 Post by Preludian »

grr, and I was just about to reply about menu and renpy.get_game_runtime and renpy.clear_game_runtime and so on... okok, got me :shock:

Taroku
Regular
Projects: Eh? Get off my back!

Re: [April Fools] More Feature Deprecations

#19 Post by Taroku »

Good job, if i had seen it yesterday i would have totaly fallen for it.

(And you would have been the first one to trick me. I mean, i always expect an April Fools from everyone, since everyone AND their grandparents do it.)
|| DA Page || twitter || Taroku ||

Checking... Nope, still a wannabe.

herenvardo
Veteran

#20 Post by herenvardo »

Taroku wrote:Good job, if i had seen it yesterday i would have totaly fallen for it.
Me too ^^;
PyTom wrote:- menu

Similarly, the menu statement was a misfeature. It makes all the menus in every game look pretty much alike. It's probably best to get rid of it, and just encourage people to use ui.textbutton or ui.imagebutton as necessary, giving them a huge amount of control over how "menus" are presented to the user.
Hey, I'm already using ui.textbutton for all choices... but menu statements plus store.menu are a sweet piece of syntax sugar. I hate ugly code (despite I produce a lot of it).
Had this been real, I would have probably removed Ren'py from my PC and switched to .Net/Mono, rather than replying here :P
I have failed to meet my deadlines so many times I'm not announcing my projects anymore. Whatever I'm working on, it'll be released when it is ready :P

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#21 Post by sake-bento »

Hahaha. Nice.

i hate aprils fool

#22 Post by i hate aprils fool »

i almost have a heart attack, please dont do it again...
:D:D:D:D
still laughing at my stupid face in the mirror... damn