AD Aware and problems with renpy?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
kaosports

#1 Post by kaosports »

Hi
Since I'm using ad aware as antivirus I've stumbled upon it every time blocking renpy launcher when I start renpy. (Malicious software).

Is there any known issues there or a workaround (aside from turning ad aware off then starting renpy and turning it on again).

rayminator
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: AD Aware and problems with renpy?

#2 Post by rayminator »

i was you go get a anti virus program and scan your computer adware is for adware only not for viruses not in less it states that it has a anti virus program with it

i have done a adware and virus scan on renpy and both of them came clean

so your computer might be infected by virus that your adware not getting

what adware software are you using?

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

Re: AD Aware and problems with renpy?

#3 Post by Imperf3kt »

Some antivirus programs treat 'unknown' programs (such as Ren'Py) or programs using a specific language (such as the outdated Python Ren'Py is partially built on) as suspicious if they're not "whitelisted' or 'trusted'

I'd suggest e-mailing the company that provides the service or software and ask them if they go through this process. If so, they may check Ren'Py and add it as an exception / false positive.

I did this with some software I was using and Ren'Py was no longer flagged within about a week.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter