[SOLVED] Expected transition to be displayable crash error?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
giddygirlgamer
Completed: Bisexual Speed Dating; The Summerlands
Projects: Town Hall
Tumblr: giddygirlgamer
Deviantart: burgerpantz
itch: giddygirlgamer

[SOLVED] Expected transition to be displayable crash error?

#1 Post by giddygirlgamer »

Hi, I've been having an error message pop up at me for multiple reasons. This same exception, the expected transition to be displayable, has been happening to me for retrieving old saves, trying to load, and when I try to end the game. Return doesn't work, I'm not sure why this is happening. I'm really new to all of this, and am trying to put together a demo for my game. Any help would be appreciated.

This is the full error code I was given:

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 31, in script
    "The room is buzzing with the noise of an angry mob."
Exception: Expected transition to be a displayable, not a <curry <class 'renpy.display.transition.Dissolve'> () {'new_widget': <Fixed at 661a710>, 'old_widget': <Fixed at 661a790>}>

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 31, in script
    "The room is buzzing with the noise of an angry mob."
  File "C:\Users\Bethany\Downloads\renpy-6.99.14.1-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 652, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Bethany\Downloads\renpy-6.99.14.1-sdk\renpy\exports.py", line 1180, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Bethany\Downloads\renpy-6.99.14.1-sdk\renpy\character.py", line 1016, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
  File "C:\Users\Bethany\Downloads\renpy-6.99.14.1-sdk\renpy\character.py", line 817, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "C:\Users\Bethany\Downloads\renpy-6.99.14.1-sdk\renpy\character.py", line 566, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\Bethany\Downloads\renpy-6.99.14.1-sdk\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Bethany\Downloads\renpy-6.99.14.1-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 2635, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Bethany\Downloads\renpy-6.99.14.1-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 2975, in interact_core
    raise Exception("Expected transition to be a displayable, not a %r" % trans)
Exception: Expected transition to be a displayable, not a <curry <class 'renpy.display.transition.Dissolve'> () {'new_widget': <Fixed at 661a710>, 'old_widget': <Fixed at 661a790>}>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3.3347
Town Hall - DEMO 0.5
Wed Apr 18 22:35:22 2018
EDIT: While looking at some of the other recent errors people have been receiving, I decided to dig around in my options script and found that I had some upper and lower case dissolves commands, and matched all of their cases, and then matched all of them in my script file.