Window hide for a certain amount of time? [SOLVED]

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
AllieRunney

Window hide for a certain amount of time? [SOLVED]

#1 Post by AllieRunney »

Hello, I'm Allie~
Let me explain my problem.
When I stated in the script I want the character to move to a certain place in one second, I wanted the textbox to dissapear until the character won't get where I stated them to go, so I tried to use "Hide window" command right before the move command, and the "show window" command right after this command ;-;
I suck at explaining, but here is how it looks:

Code: Select all

window hide

show blay surprise at Move((0.5, 0.66), (1.0, 1.0), 1.0,
                  xanchor="center", yanchor="center")

window show
And yes, I know I'm making it more complicated, but that's how I learned to do lol
Now, the problem is the window is showing again WHILE the character is still moving.
I would like something more like
"The textbox disappeared, the charater moved to the certain place, and I have to click for the textbox to show up again"
or at least have it disappear for a certain amount of seconds lol
Can You guys help me?
Last edited by AllieRunney on Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

kivik
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Window hide for a certain amount of time?

#2 Post by kivik »

Have you tried using a pause command in between? I remember seeing people talking about hard pauses which may be necessary to ensure no input is allowed.

Alternatively I wonder if you could even add a transition that essentially does nothing - but takes up time. Like an alpha 1.0 to alpha 1.0 for 1 second?

Not tried them but may be worth exploring?

AllieRunney

Re: Window hide for a certain amount of time?

#3 Post by AllieRunney »

I never knew there is something like the pause command lol, thank You! it works just as I wanted it to! ~~