Choice Menu Sound Effects

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
mellowidol
Tumblr: cafebeat

Choice Menu Sound Effects

#1 Post by mellowidol »

I found a tutorial about how to play a sound when you select a choice in the choice menu, and it worked perfectly. However, I also want to have an effect when I hover over/scroll through choices. I've tried to find it elsewhere, but it seems to be outdated. That or I just can't find where to edit it.

For reference, I found an "outdated" tutorial here: viewtopic.php?t=23938

They gave:

Code: Select all

button:
    action [action, Play("sound", "se/open.ogg")]
    hovered Play("sound", "se/select.ogg")
    style "menu_choice_button"

as the solution, but I can't seem to find where "button" is in the screen.rpy file.

Any help would be appreciated, and let me know if I posted incorrectly as this is my first post (and I'm new to this forum.)

philat
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Choice Menu Sound Effects

#2 Post by philat »

It's the choice screen in screens.rpy. It's been changed to a textbutton but you can still add hovered attributes.