steamworks demo help?[solved]

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pinewood Island, As We Know It
Projects: In Blood
Organization: Jaime Scribbles Games
Deviantart: breakfastdoodles
itch: scribbles

steamworks demo help?[solved]

#1 Post by Scribbles »

I'm trying to put the Demo for my game on Steam... I set up the page, and I set up the demo for that full game, the store page and demo 'page' are visible...

I uploaded the pc build using the sdk, and then tried to the mac one through their beta thingy...

I am pretty sure all the builds are there? As far as I know they were uploaded successfully. My current default public branch build ID matches up with the depots I used for the builds.... but...

it says that my public branch doesn't include either the .exe or the .app launch files that were defined under launch options. (But i checked the build/depot manifest and the launch stuff is there and matches....)

I don't know I'm really confused > < I probably explained this poorly. I managed to get Pinewood Island on there, but I can't seem to do it again.
Last edited by Scribbles on Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image - Image -Image

vollschauer
Veteran
Github: vollschauer

Re: steamworks demo help?

#2 Post by vollschauer »

You have to setup the launch binaries for each platform. It's under Steamworks Settings -> Installation -> General

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: steamworks demo help?

#3 Post by Scribbles »

vollschauer wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:29 am You have to setup the launch binaries for each platform. It's under Steamworks Settings -> Installation -> General
I have done that > < I tried the basic my_game.exe and the full file version(my_game_version-1/my_game.exe) that is listed in the manifest (for both OS's) so I'm not sure why they aren't being recognized? they match up with the depots and the public branch
Image - Image -Image

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: steamworks demo help?[solved]

#4 Post by Scribbles »

SOLVED! I didn't define the right file name > < bleh!
Image - Image -Image