[Solved]Image enters, waits, then leaves

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
MaskedGuy
Projects: Masked Tales

[Solved]Image enters, waits, then leaves

#1 Post by MaskedGuy »

Hello! I am working on a series of events in my game, and I want to have the title appear on screen, stay there for a few seconds, and then go. Now, the tricky part (for me, at least) is that I want the title to pause, but the game to keep going. Probably it's something really simple, but I am too thick to figure it out.

My attempt to solve it was this:

Code: Select all

show title stripe:

xalign 0.5

yalign 0.1

show text "{=t}Mission Impossible{/=t}":

xalign 0.5

yalign .11

with moveinright

pause 1.5

hide title

hide text

with moveoutleft

s "Okay, this is the right way..."
That works for the title, but the dialogue screen is forced to wait until the title goes away. Now, I know I could just weave the "hide" bits into the dialogue code, but since this title is going to be used in several different cases and scenes, it would not be practical to do so. I want the titles to come in, wait for about a couple of seconds, then go, without having to delay the rest of the game. Thank you very much. Nice weekend!
Last edited by MaskedGuy on Fri May 25, 2018 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gas
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Image enters, waits, then leaves

#2 Post by gas »

You want for the mission impossible text to stay there for some second and then go away.
Don't hide it with an hide statement, but use the same atl transforms to "hide" it and then use an hide without transfroms to remove it really from the scene stack.
If you want to debate on a reply I gave to your posts, please QUOTE ME or i'll not be notified about. << now red so probably you'll see it.

10 ? "RENPY"
20 GOTO 10

RUN

MaskedGuy
Projects: Masked Tales

Re: Image enters, waits, then leaves

#3 Post by MaskedGuy »

gas wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 2:10 am You want for the mission impossible text to stay there for some second and then go away.
Don't hide it with an hide statement, but use the same atl transforms to "hide" it and then use an hide without transfroms to remove it really from the scene stack.
Thanks for the idea. I've been fiddling with ATL, and I decided to make a transform and then use it with my title. This is the transform:

Code: Select all

transform titlein:

yalign 0.1

xpos 2

linear .5 xalign 0.5

pause 2.5

linear .5 xpos -1.0
Ironically, as I was looking for a precise idea on how to achieve it, I ran into this tip, also by you. So double thanks!