Remembering Choices

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
JoeyAlex
Completed: None yet.
Projects: I am working on Tears, a depressive novel.
Organization: Coder?

Remembering Choices

#1 Post by JoeyAlex »

So.. I was writing code for my game and I wanted to make it so the game would remember the choice. I don't know how to, so I googled it. I went to a page but after writing all the code I noticed the code was outdated. Help?
Joey Alex, Gay

Alex
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Remembering Choices

#2 Post by Alex »

So, what's the code you've found (some outdated code might still work)?
To remember choices you might use some flags/variables, and change their values when player make a choice, like - https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/quicksta ... statements

kivik
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by kivik »

For future reference, please give more details to your problem, or we'll have to ask you for more details each time.

An analogy for what you asked would be:

"I bought a pair of shoes in the store but it's the wrong size. Help?" - just as there are thousands of shoe shops out there, with millions of different shoes and we don't know your shoe size.

There are millions of google results out there with different codes and we don't know what you used and we don't know what you're even trying to do, and how you're not able to make it work.

JoeyAlex
Completed: None yet.
Projects: I am working on Tears, a depressive novel.
Organization: Coder?

#4 Post by JoeyAlex »

I will add more detail. Thanks. I used a 5-year-old website, so... And I used the link provided, and I found out how to do it. :)
Joey Alex, Gay