Hiding Screen While Movie Loads

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Poorman65

Hiding Screen While Movie Loads

#1 Post by Poorman65 »

I have another thread out here about my issue with Movie load times, but I am trying to do a workaround and I'm am out of my depth.

What I want to do is to move either the Screen (preferable) or the Movie, off out of view for a 1/2 second and then bring it back into view so the movie will be shown. I'm not sure how to make this work. I tried adding an ATL block to the "show screen" command and also tried it on the image statement but both of these give a End of Line Expected. I also tried adding a renpy.transition(my_transition) to the Screen but the next "say" statement would crash.

How can I make it work.

This is the ATL that I was trying to use:

Code: Select all

transform movie_delay:
    xpos 1980
    time 0.5
    xpos 0

philat
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Hiding Screen While Movie Loads

#2 Post by philat »

If you're using the same screen from your previous thread: add displayablesName at movie_delay

Poorman65

Re: Hiding Screen While Movie Loads

#3 Post by Poorman65 »

Thanks! You are greatly appreciated. I am able to make it look seamless now. Not sure if I am allowed to put a link to the video on here, but if others would like to see the results, I will add it.