Imagemap and round buttons

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
FireBoTer

Imagemap and round buttons

#1 Post by FireBoTer »

Hi everybody!
Main menu in my program is based on imagemap and I wanna place some round buttons there, but they're placing only with black angles, like lying on a square. Old tutorials are advised me edit files in "cache" folder, but some of Ren'Py updates disable this function and I can't turn it on. Do anybody know how delete those awful angles?

Sword of Akasha
Regular
Projects: Shadows of Shattered Dreams
Organization: Akashic Creative Studios
Deviantart: Sword-of-Akasha

Re: Imagemap and round buttons

#2 Post by Sword of Akasha »

I think I know what your issue is. Your images that you're using are not interlaced. Your buttons may be round but the black background is showing up.

I'm not sure what image editing program you're using to create your graphics. But make sure you don't have a background layer. Save the file as an interlaced png and you should be set.

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

#3 Post by Imperf3kt »

You don't need an interlaced PNG, it just needs an alpha layer. Interlaced PNGs are just a fancy format created for speeding up loading on webpages.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

FireBoTer

#4 Post by FireBoTer »

Imperf3kt wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:05 am You don't need an interlaced PNG, it just needs an alpha layer. Interlaced PNGs are just a fancy format created for speeding up loading on webpages.
Thanks, now it's working correctly