Help with condition changes

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
darckshame

Help with condition changes

#1 Post by darckshame »

Hello, I have a question for you regarding condition changing in labels for a patch. I hope that I'll make it clear what I mean.

Lets say we have the same conditions set in different labels, but I don't want to go change them manually or with retyping every label and then use config.label_overrides, but with a single file that contains a label or a command like for config.label_overrides but only for the conditions and not the text or anything else, I also know about the hardChanged option for text, and I'm looking for something similar, for example:

Code: Select all

label exemple:
	if var == var1:
		do something...

label exemple1:
	if var == var1:
		do something...
how I want to do things:

init 200 python:
    config.label_content_overrides = {
   	 "if var == var1:" : "if var == var2:"
   	 }
or:

init 200 python:
    hardChanged = {
     	"if var == var1:" : "if var == var2:"
    	}
or:

label change:
	if in labels find "if var == var1:":
		set {"if var == var1:" : "if var == var2:"}  

and having a result for the previous labels as:

label exemple:
	if var == var2:
		do something...

label exemple1:
	if var == var2:
		do something...
I hope that I made it clear. So how do you recommend doing this, is it possible?

Thanks in advance for your help with this mater.