Ren'Py 7.1.0 Prereleased

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

Re: Ren'Py 7.1.0 Prereleased

#76 Post by jack_norton »

Cool, I'll give it a try,especially for Android since my game was completely removed/censored from Google Play and I have to resubmit it as new app, will do the full process :)
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

Zeekee
Regular
Projects: No One But You, The Anomaly
Organization: Annexe Interactive
Soundcloud: zomgaarh

#77 Post by Zeekee »

PyTom wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:26 pm Zeekee, it looks like you might be on some sort of old version of Ren'Py. I'd suggest starting over with 7.1, making sure you have Java 8 installed, and making sure JAVA_HOME is not set.
Just tried this. Completely removed any old versions from my computer and reinstalled 7.1. Checked JAVA_HOME and it wasn't set. Check my java -version and it was 1.8.0_181.

Not sure what else to do from this point since I received the same exact error as I did last time (or at least I think it's the same). Gonna try troubleshooting this for a while later tonight, but any helpful suggestions are welcome :)
"When people sometimes misquote me, I don't know if they understand what I'm saying."
-Tommy Wiseau

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#78 Post by PyTom »

Okay, I checked out that SSL error a bit more.

I'm guessing that you're behind some sort of firewall that is intercepting HTTPS requests. Your copy of Java doesn't have this key, and hence Java is unable to contact the website to download additional files that are needed to finish the build.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/una ... 55358.html

Kind of explains the problem, and how to diagnose and fix it.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/con ... 71215.html

Kind of discusses how to fix it. It's also possible you have some sort of antivirus program that's trying to man-in-the-middle you, so as to reduce your security. I don't know this for sure, but your Location being the USAF academy would tend to point to this. It might work if you go off the base and run the download from a more open network.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#79 Post by jack_norton »

I updated and I get a strange behavior. If I launch the game, starts normally. If I try to build Android or do "force recompile" I get the red error message "make sure the game launches normally bla bla".
Checking errors.txt in the game folder I saw:

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/anim.rpy", line 980: expected 'simple_expression' not found.
    xalign x yalign y zoom z alpha 1 rotate r
                                            ^

File "game/full/plot/chp2.rpy", line 895: ATL statement contains two expressions in a row; is one of them a misspelled property? If not, separate them with pass.
    varyShake 20 xpos 0.49
                 ^

File "game/plot/chp1.rpy", line 377: ATL statement contains two expressions in a row; is one of them a misspelled property? If not, separate them with pass.
    varyShake 1 xpos 0.49
                ^

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.1.0.877
Sat Sep 08 09:17:10 2018
and in another game:

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/about.rpy", line 157: expected 'simple_expression' not found.
    jump expression r
                    ^

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.1.0.877
Sat Sep 08 09:16:06 2018
in both cases it seems a mistake to me (they both launch normally without problems and this error shouldn't show up). Thanks :)
computer games

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator

#80 Post by PyTom »

Yeah, this is a mistake in parsing 'r' at the end of the line. It's fixed in the nightly, and I'll be uploading a new prerelease shortly.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#81 Post by jack_norton »

Good, thanks, will try it again tomorrow then :)
computer games

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator

#82 Post by PyTom »

7.1.0.880 is up.

This fixes the problem with parsing an 'r' or a 'u' by itself at the end of a line in certain contexts. (I tend not to use single letter variables, tsk, tsk.)

It also adds the transpose property to vpgrid, which is was already documented to have.

And it puts the Ren'Py version into android.txt to help with diagnosing problems.

Zeekee
Regular
Projects: No One But You, The Anomaly
Organization: Annexe Interactive
Soundcloud: zomgaarh

#83 Post by Zeekee »

FroGlenn wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:42 pm You need to change your icons. I'm using Android Studio, so I dont know exactly how it works when you publish direct from renpy, but I changed all of them. There are online android icon generation tools that will create all icons you need, so you just change it in the "res" folder of your app (if you are using Android Studio).
I'm somewhat new to the whole Android Studio environment, so please bear with me:

I was able to import "rapt\project" into Android Studio and update the icon using the instructions in another one of your posts by adding it in "res\mipmap." When I save, go back to Ren'Py, and build the APK, however, the icon appears to be the default RenPy icon when I install it on my phone. I'd imagine I might have to select either "Sync project with gradle files" or "Sync with file system," but I don't want to select either without knowing for sure which one, if any, I should select. I don't want to inadvertently botch anything up.

EDIT: Turns out all I had to do was find the old icon and delete it. My bad.

Oh, and PyTom, the base enterprise network was definitely the issue. I had been dealing with all sorts of issues with GIT through this network for the past couple of weeks, so I should have known that was the root of the problem. Whoops :^)

Thanks again!
"When people sometimes misquote me, I don't know if they understand what I'm saying."
-Tommy Wiseau

FroGlenn
Regular

#84 Post by FroGlenn »

Hi. After working this week with the new renpy release, I'm going to update my published app, and I got an error from Google pre-release report and one of my alpha testers. The error is:

https://i.imgur.com/NcTE85O.jpg

My games package name is rbgames.celebrity (without the "-1").

The same error from other 5 devices from Google report:

https://puu.sh/BuWfO/159757e3c7.png

What can this be?

(I put the urls instead of the image cause of "Your images may only be up to 800 pixels wide.")

EDIT:

I managed to reproduce the error in an android 5.1 emulator (MEMU).

EDIT 2:

After uninstalling the app, restarting the emulator and app new install the problem was solved. But the Google report errors are really scaring me :(

EDIT 3:

I could not solve the problem on the phone tho. Even reinstalling after reset. I really dont know what the problem is. I'm removing the IAP products and calls to see if the problem is there.

Chivone

#85 Post by Chivone »

FroGlenn wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:02 pm I'm doing it myself using Firebase. My game is already published, so I do some story and some new features each update.
Hello FroGlenn,

How are you doing it. I'm trying to do it this way, but it's impossible: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=57412&p=521853&hili ... se#p521853

I have made it work in Python, but not in Renpy :S

FroGlenn
Regular

#86 Post by FroGlenn »

Chivone wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:16 am
FroGlenn wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:02 pm I'm doing it myself using Firebase. My game is already published, so I do some story and some new features each update.
Hello FroGlenn,

How are you doing it. I'm trying to do it this way, but it's impossible: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=57412&p=521853&hili ... se#p521853

I have made it work in Python, but not in Renpy :S
I'm doing it with Java in Android Studio. When I export my game with rapt, I open the "project' folder into Android Studio and make changes there, using the codes google gives as example.

You can call your java functions inside your renpy game using jnius.

Chivone

#87 Post by Chivone »

FroGlenn wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:06 amI'm doing it with Java in Android Studio. When I export my game with rapt, I open the "project' folder into Android Studio and make changes there, using the codes google gives as example.

You can call your java functions inside your renpy game using jnius.
Thank you very much!