Textbox over nvl textbox?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
recreation
Regular

Textbox over nvl textbox?

#1 Post by recreation »

Hi, I'm new here. Used renpy for a while and was lurking around but just registered.

Question:
I know it's possible to show two textboxes, but is it somehow possible to show an ordinary textbox over an nvl textbox without loosing the content of the nvl textbox?
I'll attach some screens. they should be self explanatory (hopefully).

I'm not a scripting guru btw, so go slow on me please ^^"
screen1.png
screen2.png

gas
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Textbox over nvl textbox?

#2 Post by gas »

No. You can't. Sad truth.
The solution is to change that phone into a screen that display text, not using normal renpy dialogues.
Something at average coding level.
If you want to debate on a reply I gave to your posts, please QUOTE ME or i'll not be notified about. << now red so probably you'll see it.

10 ? "RENPY"
20 GOTO 10

RUN

recreation
Regular

Re: Textbox over nvl textbox?

#3 Post by recreation »

Oh no...
Coding itself isn't the problem. The documentation is just not the best. I'm having a hard time understanding stuff without any examples and even if there are some, then the explanation is mostly lacking... :/

Thanks anyway. I'll have a look into it.