Loading sounds from binary data instead of file

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
w022a

Loading sounds from binary data instead of file

#1 Post by w022a »

I've nearly completed development of my first renpy mystery game which I'm keen to share soon!. I'm trying to create a unique and personalised experience each time it's played by downloading various things from the my Web server and other Web sites.

For example, it pulls in current global news which forms part of the game

On of the features that I found really useful was the being able to load an image from binary data via the requests module.

I want to try to take this a step further by allowing sound files to be requests from the Web, which would take the form of synthesised speech file that includes the player details

Ideally I'd like to be able to so this without creating a temporary file and then loading it as this doesn't play nice cross platform

Has anyone done anything like this before, or any advice?