Adding self-voicing, additional transition options to Preferences menu

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
pfranzen
Regular
Completed: Cat President 1+2, Internet Court, Too Many Santas, The Awkward Steve Duology, The Pizza Delivery Boy Who Saved the World, Francy Droo & Friends
Organization: Oh, a Rock! Studios
itch: oharock

Adding self-voicing, additional transition options to Preferences menu

#1 Post by pfranzen »

Hello! I have two questions related to my game's preferences menu:

1) Is it possible to add self-voicing to the preferences menu, so people can turn it on/off there, instead of relying on just the key-binding?

2) Right now I have an option for enabling all transitions, or disabling all transitions. Would it be possible to add an option for only disabling specific transitions? For example, my game uses hpunch and vpunch a lot; I thought it might be nice to allow players to turn that off if they want, without turning all the other transitions off.

Thanks!

Kia
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: KiaAzad
Discord: Kia#6810

Re: Adding self-voicing, additional transition options to Preferences menu

#2 Post by Kia »

1) it shoouldn't be hard, find the variable changed in the key bounding and add a button for it, I might look into it when I got some time

2) try adding your punches inside an "if"

Code: Select all

if punches_on:
    vpounch