Combining RPG Maker and Ren'Py?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
HFSaber
Projects: Cupid's Bow, Star Crossed
Deviantart: HFSaber

Combining RPG Maker and Ren'Py?

#1 Post by HFSaber »

This is probably an odd question, and I'm not even sure if this is something I want to do at the moment; it's just something I'm intrigued by for now. I was just wondering if it would be possible to create little scenes in RPG Maker, like times when your character can walk around and investigate things, and then somehow incorporate them into your Ren'Py file? Or is that too complicated of a task?

Nighten
Regular
Completed: Vincit, Sentiment Enneigés, The Devil took my Candies
Github: NightenDushi
itch: nighten
Discord: Nighten#3081

Re: Combining RPG Maker and Ren'Py?

#2 Post by Nighten »

You can code a very basic RPG-topview engine in Ren'Py thanks to python, but porting directly from RPG maker seems impossible from my perspective. But I was wondering: RPG Maker have some Visual Novel plugins, have you tried them? I have no idea if its work well but maybe give it a try!
If you need help with your project, you can hire me as a programmer! :D

Image ImageImage