main menu

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
dale01102

main menu

#1 Post by dale01102 »

Could someone show me how to customise the main menu is the latest version?
I have edited and changed almost everything I need to in my game but I have no clue when it comes to the main menu. I have found a few tutorials but they are from 5,6,7 years ago and are out dated.

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

Re: main menu

#2 Post by Donmai »

What exactly are you trying to do?
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

skyeworks
Regular
Projects: K9-11
itch: skyefrost

#3 Post by skyeworks »

This is the tutorial that I used for the main menu for my game and it works with the latest renpy.

viewtopic.php?t=14237

Kia
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: KiaAzad
Discord: Kia#6810

#4 Post by Kia »

you should be able to customize your main menu inside screens.rpy like before, ignore/delete the new GUI compatible code for the main menu section and replace it with the old code from one of those tutorials