Making a map that when certain lines of script is said, it will add info the the map?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
YumaDazai
Regular
Projects: PD9

Making a map that when certain lines of script is said, it will add info the the map?

#1 Post by YumaDazai »

It will be like in each chapter you will learn info about the kingdom and it will show in a notification box in the screen telling you about the new info.
This information will show in the map than will have its own gallery.
You will keep collection info about the kingdom till the end of the route and maybe when you finish collecting all the information something will happen like the kingdom in the map will be colored or you will open something like a photo of the kingdom's prince or a short script.
I'm having a hard time figuring out how to code this.
I should use an imagemap, right? I never coded something like this.
Programmer that will work paid and or for free! Message me on discord for more info at: Yuma#8158

Kia
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: KiaAzad
Discord: Kia#6810

Re: Making a map that when certain lines of script is said, it will add info the the map?

#2 Post by Kia »

you need to create a screen for the map, preferably using imagebuttons, read about screens here: https://renpy.org/doc/html/screens.html
and you might want to use persistent variables to keep track of the information you want to store: https://renpy.org/doc/html/persistent.h ... persistent