Steam Achievements not Unlocking

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Mikomi
Veteran

Steam Achievements not Unlocking

#1 Post by Mikomi »

I've been trying...... for hours............ to make achievements sync to Steam.................... but nothing is working 😭

The documentation on both Ren'Py and Steam for achievements has helped me very little, so I'm clueless on how to set them up. Some threads say I need all these different files for it, some say I just need to put $ achievement.grant("achievement") where I want to give the user an achievement and it'll magically work. Suffice to say, I haven't found anything that works.

Is there any specific files I need that everyone just assumes people have? A special way to grant them? Some kind of sacrificial alter I have to construct to Valve?

Currently at the start of the game (as a quick test, not an achievement I'll leave once I'm finished) I have this:

Code: Select all

label start:

init:
        $ achievement.register("testing_start")

$ achievement.grant("testing_start")

$ achievement.sync()
And here are the two achievements I'm testing (the first one being a real achievement and the second one being the one listed above, a testing achievement):

I read that putting register in it can make it work more often but. Not for me! :D

Remix
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: None... yet (as I'm still looking for an artist)
Projects: An un-named anime based trainer game

Re: Steam Achievements not Unlocking

#2 Post by Remix »

Not really sure on Steam myself, though perhaps try contacting the author of:

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=50060

(seems like they know what they are doing)
Frameworks & Scriptlets: