[Solved] Updating "customized" android game to 7.1.0

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
FroGlenn
Regular

[Solved] Updating "customized" android game to 7.1.0

#1 Post by FroGlenn »

Hi, all.

I'm working almost all my time on a renpy game for the last months targeting exclusively the android market. The game has almost 300 active installs, and at some point I started customizing the apk using Android Studio following this guide. I added admob, play services and other nice functions and the game looked great.

I'm very excited with the release of renpy 7.1.0 updating the android support and looking forward to use it on my game right away.

I would like to know if someone knows how I can import my updated (7.1.0) game to Android Studio so I can edit and add all the customization I did in the past months.

Thx in advance.

(I posted this question in the release thread, but I dont want to spam it, so I thought it would be better create one topic for my question)
Last edited by FroGlenn on Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FroGlenn
Regular

Re: Updating "customized" android game to 7.1.0

#2 Post by FroGlenn »

I think found it.

There is a folder named "project" inside the "rapt" folder. If you import this folder into Android Studio looks like you get all the needed files to work with it.

EDIT:

I dont know if this is the best way, but its working fine for me. I updated my game version and sent it to Google Play as test app and its working fine.

Now we can use Facebook SDK to track users data and create remarketing campaigns on the platform.

TheNickname

Re: [Solved] Updating "customized" android game to 7.1.0

#3 Post by TheNickname »

Hello, FroGlenn. Has anything changed in the version 7.1 for the guide (admob banner)?

FroGlenn
Regular

#4 Post by FroGlenn »

TheNickname wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:50 am Hello, FroGlenn. Has anything changed in the version 7.1 for the guide (admob banner)?
You dont need the first step of the guide now. Just import the "project" folder and start working on Android Studio.

To say the truth, I never managed to display banner ads in the game using that guide.

I'm using Rewarded Video and Interstitial Ads. You can call those creating methods using Google/AdMob official documentation and then using JNIUS to import the PythonSDLActivity class to your renpy game and creating actions to call those methods.

If you dont know Java, like me xD, you will need read a bit and test things. Download an emulator like Memu e use the test (Run app) feature of Android Studio to test your implementation.

With time and patience you will make it work.

TheNickname

#5 Post by TheNickname »

Thank you for the answer!