Replacing Character Images

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Dreamulex
Tumblr: brixujel
Deviantart: brixujel

Replacing Character Images

#1 Post by Dreamulex »

It has been a while since I last coded with Renpy so I' wouldn't be surprised if this could be something that I'm overlooking, but when I show a new character image that image appears but for some reason, the image being replaced doesn't disappear. When I want a character to move to a different position or leave the scene I have to hide all the images that I had previously used. I'm not sure if there is something I'm overlooking to hide the previous image or if there's a new way to go about it nut any help on this would be very helpful
~Your imagination is your only Limitation~

skyeworks
Regular
Projects: K9-11
itch: skyefrost

Re: Replacing Character Images

#2 Post by skyeworks »

Would be helpful if you can copy paste the code so everyone can understand what you are talking about. :D

I think it's either

1- Capitalization (They all have to be the same. I had the same problem and it was that.)
2- Name (You might have defined the image as another character by accident because of a slight change. )