Help with providing code for a dating game!

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
DoomStrangeJourney

Help with providing code for a dating game!

#1 Post by DoomStrangeJourney »

Hi im a new guy (obviously).
I have played some dating sims around and i kind of want to make my own. However i dont know anything about code and trying to modify or copy the code of either the DSE or All in one Framework has bear no fruits. Moreso when the calendar and scheduler dont work like in the dating sim i have in mind so i ask for someone to provide the code so i have something where to start off.
So the dating sim i plan isnt going to have hours and only certain days will allow the player to interact at night (Along with its unique activities) so the game would play like this: Mondays the player can choose his activities, then the player can choose what activity to do, said activity will play out for the rest of the week until friday night. Only fridays, saturdays and sundays can the player do activities at night. Then in saturday and sunday the player has different activities that he can partake it, mainly dating and shopping at which only shopping doesnt advance time while dating does until midnight.

And thats the gist of it, i think once i have this i will be able to modify it while getting accustomed to code. Im probably being entitled and lazy but any help would be appreciated. Thanks for reading!