Skip Main Menu to Start [Solved]

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
XxrenxX
Veteran
Projects: Chasing
Deviantart: bara-ettie

Skip Main Menu to Start [Solved]

#1 Post by XxrenxX »

back with another probably needed fix (i hope easy). I can't seem to search the forums here without the website not loading so posting.

My game on startup doesn't go to the main menu, instead goes straight to the start of my game. Clicking main menu via my quick menu does the same thing.

I've checked the code a few times as well as did a Lint check and deleted persistent but still no fix. I'm tired and googling the issue hasn't helped either. I'm attaching both my screens.rpy and options.rpy because i have no idea what in my code is causing the issue. Maybe I accidentally deleted something?
Attachments
screens.rpy
(15.44 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
options.rpy
(5.25 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
Last edited by XxrenxX on Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

Re: Skip Main Menu to Start

#2 Post by Imperf3kt »

I don't see anything obvious, but it does appear that you are using a very outdated screens file. Have you been working on this project for a really long time?
Perhaps your game includes something from the incompatible changelog?
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

MaydohMaydoh
Regular
Projects: Fuwa Fuwa Panic
Tumblr: maydohmaydoh

#3 Post by MaydohMaydoh »

May be missing the gui init. Stick this in and see if it works.

Code: Select all

init python:
    gui.init(1360, 768)

XxrenxX
Veteran

#4 Post by XxrenxX »

MaydohMaydoh wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:36 am May be missing the gui init. Stick this in and see if it works.

init python:
    gui.init(1360, 768)
Yup that did it thank you.
Imperf3kt wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:34 am I don't see anything obvious, but it does appear that you are using a very outdated screens file. Have you been working on this project for a really long time?
Perhaps your game includes something from the incompatible changelog?
I have but it was working perfectly fine earlier hence me thinking I accidentally deleted something. Everytime Renpy does an update I usually check to see if some of my code needs to be fixed and so far no issues so I just been rolling with it.

XxrenxX
Veteran

#5 Post by XxrenxX »

MaydohMaydoh wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:36 am May be missing the gui init. Stick this in and see if it works.

init python:
    gui.init(1360, 768)
It created another problem. Adding that code did indeed fix my Main Menu problem but now my dialogue box vanishes. I am so lost. I had everything working earlier but tired ass me probably deleted something else.

Also anyone else having the issue of not being able to search the forums?