Ren'Py Questions and Announcements

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
thehay95

Ren'Py Questions and Announcements

#1 Post by thehay95 »

Simple question, but I've been trying everything to get a code to work where the character slides downwards off screen (he's falling onto the floor so I wanna make it kinda sudden?
like..

Code: Select all

"Line of dialog"
pause 0.5
## character quickly sliding down offscreen, immediately transitioning to:
scene vcg1 with vpunch
dịch vụ cung cấp người giữ em bé trọn gói, dịch vụ chuyển nhà quận 2, tìm người giúp việc nhà

DannX
Regular

Re: Ren'Py Questions and Announcements

#2 Post by DannX »

If I understand correctly, what you want can be done with ATL (that's Animation and Transformation Language):

Code: Select all

transform slide_down:

linear .5 ypos 2. #if using floating numbers you can omit the 0 to save yourself some typing

label start:
    scene vcg1

show eileen at truecenter

"Line of dialog"

pause .5 

show eileen at slide_down

pause .1

scene vcg1 with vpunch

pause .1

"Ouch!"

return

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

Re: Ren'Py Questions and Announcements

#3 Post by Donmai »

Yes, ATL transforms always give you better results. You will find another "falling to the ground" example here:
viewtopic.php?p=402066#p402066
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)