Disable completely right click

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
enrohk

Disable completely right click

#1 Post by enrohk »

Hi !
First , sorry if this question is already answered but I really try to find the answer around the forum and with google and nothing come , only parts of the problem.

Well , my game is more in the narrative side mixed with simulation and RPG elements. So save/load anywhere and rollback can be considered as cheat in most scenarios and also most of the times there is no paths or multiple ways.
I already made the part where Rollback is supposedly off , and also disable the keys of the right mouse

Code: Select all

label start:
    $ config.keymap['hide_windows'].remove('mouseup_2')
    $ config.keymap['rollback'].remove('mousedown_4')
    $ config.keymap['rollforward'].remove('mousedown_5')
    $ _game_menu_screen = None
    $ renpy.block_rollback()
My game works with scenes and game states and accord to that game states those scenes changes , but when someone is talking or happening I can use Right Click to return to that scene (screen) and he really screw the flow of my game. I simply want to assign a screen to Right Click and disable all interactions. If that is not possible ... How can I disable completely Right Click in my game so you can't even use while talking ?

Thanks for your time
Do I live in a friendly or a hostile universe? Which is it? Is it a universe that is filled with hostility and anger and people wanting to hate each other and people wanting to kill each other, is that what you see?Because when you see the world that way that’s exactly what you will create for yourself in your life.

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

Re: Disable completely right click

#2 Post by Imperf3kt »

$ _game_screen = None
If I recall
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

enrohk

Re: Disable completely right click

#3 Post by enrohk »

Imperf3kt wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:32 pm

$ _game_screen = None
If I recall
Don't work sorry :(
It keeps jumping , skipping or whatever he does while right click and conversation is running :x

Oh btw , with the code I put in the first post Right Click continues working and rollback while I'm seeing a scene. But is strange because it rollback to the previous state of the scene while the flags of that scene remains changed.

EDIT : I think that problem is because how my game is made, I call those screens without hiding previous ones and I think Right Click makes hide those additional screens I call ending in the original one.
Do I live in a friendly or a hostile universe? Which is it? Is it a universe that is filled with hostility and anger and people wanting to hate each other and people wanting to kill each other, is that what you see?Because when you see the world that way that’s exactly what you will create for yourself in your life.