Choice buttons on android[solved]

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

Choice buttons on android[solved]

#1 Post by Imperf3kt »

I'm trying to create a base GUI specifically for Android or other 9:16 (or similar) aspect ratio devices, and have stumbled into something I can't work out.
I'm currently working on the choice screen and notice that on the Android emulator (and subsequently, on Android devices) the choice buttons have no background.

PC is on the left, Android on the right:
ImageImage

I've tried using the style inspector to find out why there is a difference but it doesn't work in the emulator.
I cannot see anything in the gui or screens files.

Can anybody tell me what causes the difference?
The entire project can be found here, if needed. Its only about 1MB:
https://mega.nz/#F!ZZM0XY4D!o4WrWc2Zpk0DaTUhUE-fxw

Okay, this always happens... I answered my own question seconds after posting.
It seems that the files choice_hover_background.png and choice_idle_background.png were missing from gui/phone/button
I did not delete them, and I've noticed this problem several times before, so I don't think its anything I did to this project. It seems as if the files were simply never created when I started the project.
I also noticed a few other minor issues with the "mobile variants" default .rpy files while editing, Where do I report these things (and the fixes I found)?
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter