Movies hide textbox and menus. [Solved]

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
flamez3r0

Movies hide textbox and menus. [Solved]

#1 Post by flamez3r0 »

Hello. I have been trying to make a game with short movies in it that should run in the background. However, as the movies play, the textbox cannot be seen at all.
To everyone looking, the movie is just looping there without anything happening, since clicking on the screen appears to do nothing. However, what's really happening is that the text is running behind the movie, and when you get to the part that the movie normally stops, it returns to the foreground. You can even catch glimpses of the text if you open the menu.

The movies run correctly, they have sound and stop when they should, but they appear in front (On top?) of the text. Is there anyway to make the textbox show up at the top of the movies?

I'm using
image movie = Movie(size=(1280, 720), xalign=0, yalign=0) to define the movies.

and
play movie "whatever the movie is called.mkv"

movies are encoded with vp9 and mp3 sound. As I said, playing the movies is not a problem, it's that they block everything else. Thanks.
Last edited by flamez3r0 on Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

flamez3r0

Re: Movies hide textbox and menus.

#2 Post by flamez3r0 »

Solved it. If I don't put a dissolve transition with each movie that happens, but if I do it doesn't. Leaving this here in case it happens to someone else. Thanks!