How to insert % sign in dialogue [solved]

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

How to insert % sign in dialogue [solved]

#1 Post by AsHLeX »

Hey, guys! Kind of a silly question here, but how do I insert a "%" sign in my dialogue in ren'py?
What special thing do I need to do? e.g. to insert quotation marks you need the "\"Quotation marks\"" sign, what do I need to do for ren'py to not recognize "%" as a code, but just a part of the dialogue?
Thanks!
Last edited by AsHLeX on Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
New demo out 24/12/23!!

Per K Grok
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: the Ghost Pilot, Sea of Lost Ships, Bubbles and the Pterodactyls, Defenders of Adacan Part 1-3, the Phantom Flyer
itch: per-k-grok

Re: How to insert % sign in dialogue

#2 Post by Per K Grok »

AsHLeX wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:28 am Hey, guys! Kind of a silly question here, but how do I insert a "%" sign in my dialogue in ren'py?
What special thing do I need to do? e.g. to insert quotation marks you need the "\"Quotation marks\"" sign, what do I need to do for ren'py to not recognize "%" as a code, but just a part of the dialogue?
Thanks!
You don't need to do anything special. In a string '%' is the same as any letter.
"You just put % in a string"

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

Re: How to insert % sign in dialogue

#3 Post by AsHLeX »

Thanks very much for the reply!! :) :)
I get an "unsupported format character" error if I do that, though.
All good, I just remembered that it's supposed to be "%%" if I want to use %.
New demo out 24/12/23!!