[solved] How do I make the game start from the menu again + adding "resume game" option (android)?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Nanahs
Veteran

[solved] How do I make the game start from the menu again + adding "resume game" option (android)?

#1 Post by Nanahs »

First of all, thank you so much everyone who helps here. I've already made pc games, but it's my first time doing something for Android. So I have lots of questions to make hah Maybe someone has the same doubts as I have, so this can be helpful for more people :)

The thing is, on Android the game is saved automatically when you quit. Which is awesome.
But when you open the game again, it starts exactly the scene where you stopped.

*I wanted the game to always open the menu first when the person click on the app again.
*And add a "resume game" option in the menu.

Is it possible?

Thank you :)
Last edited by Nanahs on Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Alex
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: How do I make the game start from the menu again + adding "resume game" option (android)?

#2 Post by Alex »

Try to quit the game using "quit" button - not the device's home-button or so to start from main menu on next run of the application. And you need to create this quit-button in main menu first (the same button as it made for pc-version).
As for resuming the game - check the PyTom's article about saving on quit (viewtopic.php?f=51&t=47328&p=496680#p496680).

Nanahs
Veteran

Re: How do I make the game start from the menu again + adding "resume game" option (android)?

#3 Post by Nanahs »

Alex wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:56 am Try to quit the game using "quit" button - not the device's home-button or so to start from main menu on next run of the application. And you need to create this quit-button in main menu first (the same button as it made for pc-version).
As for resuming the game - check the PyTom's article about saving on quit (viewtopic.php?f=51&t=47328&p=496680#p496680).
Thank you so much! I'll try that :)