"Moving" Camera Effect

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
mahoop
Regular

"Moving" Camera Effect

#1 Post by mahoop » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:05 pm

Introduction:
Hello people, it's been a while since I asked anything around here and I hope that you can help me,
Many of the topics I will address here are easy to manipulate or find, but the question I can't solve is: How do you make them a single code, to fulfill my need?

The problem:
In short, when a specific character start to talk, I would like the "camera" to focus on that character.
And what's so hard about it?
I would like two effects to occur during this act. One, zoom in on the background. Two, the characters would be raised a bit up.

Notes:
As I mentioned above, there is nothing that we have not seen before, "xzoom", "_last_say_who", "xpos" and "ypos" and so on. But I can't figure out how to merge all these functions together.

Any suggestions?

TakeHomeTheCup

Re: "Moving" Camera Effect

#2 Post by TakeHomeTheCup » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:17 pm

Well, there is a renpy 3d camera. If you search it on Google, there is a YouTube video with the link in the description. The site is in Japanese though.