Ren'Py 7.1.1 Released

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
FroGlenn
Regular

Re: Ren'Py 7.1.1 Released

#16 Post by FroGlenn »

FroGlenn wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:13 pm First, I would like to thank you all again for creating this wonderful platform. My dream is to someday work as a fulltime developer, and Renpy was a great step for me. My game is getting a bit more downloads recently (got good spot in terms like 'super seducer' and whatnot lol) and I'm getting something like 1k downloads per day (my game is in portuguese, so I cant compete in the global market yet).

Well, with more players, I started to see some bugs. They are happening only in some scpecific phone devices, specially running Android 6.0. Its not all the devices, but some of them, like Galaxy Grand Prime Plus (grandppltedtv) - not the 5.0 version.

The errors seems to be related to the pymodules (libpymodules.so). I dont know if this is a problem with Renpy itself, because I temper a lot with it, adding lots of external resources (firestore, storage, facebook api and other libraries) to my game using Android Studio.

However, these problems started when I compiled the game with targetsdkversion 28. After the release of Renpy 7.1.0, I changed the target version back to 22 (because I knew android 23 changed a lot of things) and everything was fine. Two weeks ago I finally changed it to SDK 28 (the original sdk generated from renpy) and the problems started.

I know this is not a Renpy problem as I'm using external resources, but I would really love to get help, maybe some indication from you guys how I coud handle these errors.

I'm reading a lot since and found good chunk of info about python-for-android and other resources renpy uses. I upgraded/downgreaded Gradle, tried some other shenanigans but nothing seems to work.

Is there something I can do? Thank you.
Just to give some feedback that may help other ppl, if you use custom features in your mobile renpy game and its crashing, try to isolate each custom function you added and discover each one is breaking the game. In my case it was Firestore (I use it to keep track of consumables that are account bound and not linked to a specific game run) and I solved it not calling firestore until all the game is loaded.

I removed the initialization from OnCreate state and called it from the game using jnius. This way, I'm sure all the libraries that renpy needs are loaded before any custom resource. I need to do more testing, but I'm pretty sure the problem is solved now.

IrinaLazareva
Veteran
Projects: Legacy
Organization: SunShI

About russian translate in Ren'Py 7.1.1

#17 Post by IrinaLazareva »

In the launcher's text there are several typos:

Code: Select all

original "To build Android packages, please download RAPT, unzip it, and place it into the Ren'Py directory. Then restart the Ren'Py launcher."
russian "Чтобы построить Android-пакет, пожалуйста, загрузите RAPT, разархивируйте его и поместить в директорию Ren'Py. Затем перезагрузите лаунчер Ren'Py."

correct: "Чтобы построить Android-пакет, пожалуйста, загрузите RAPT, разархивируйте его и поместите в директорию Ren'Py. Затем перезагрузите лаунчер Ren'Py."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^

original "Your project does not contain build information. Would you like to add build information to the end of options.rpy?"
russian "Ваш проект не содержит информации, необходимой для сборки. Добавить её к концу options.rpy?"

correct: "Ваш проект не содержит информацию, необходимую для сборки. Добавить её к концу options.rpy?"
------------------------------------------^-----------^^

original "Do you accept the Android SDK Terms and Conditions?"
russian "Вы принимаете условияя и положения пользования Android SDK?"

correct: 'Вы принимаете условия и положения пользования Android SDK?' or 'Вы принимаете условия обслуживания Android SDK?'
------------------------------^

P.S. I'm not expert in English, but on Russian the phrase "Ой, ошибка со сборкой приключилась..." (original - "The build seems to have failed.") sounds as a jeer.
Probaly, optimal variant is "Похоже, сборка провалилась." (i.m.h.o.)