Customising input box for player name

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Becca-Boo

Customising input box for player name

#1 Post by Becca-Boo »

Ok, this one is slowly killing me!

I've managed to customise almost everything about my game. Menu's; Start screen; NPC and player text boxes; Side images - the works.....but the one thing that is defeating me is replacing the standard box that comes up when you ask for a players name with a customised one.

I've searched through the forum and found some old solutions - but they don't seem to work with the latest version of Renpy. I -know- this one must be as simple as simple can be - but for the life of me, I just can't work out how to do it.

Can someone give a girl a helping hand?

xavimat
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Yeshua, Jesus Life, Cops&Robbers
Projects: Fear&Love, unknown
Organization: Pilgrim Creations
Github: xavi-mat
itch: pilgrimcreations

Re: Customising input box for player name

#2 Post by xavimat »

The answer is different if you have in your game many inputs from the player or only this one.
If you use renpy.input only once in your game, or if you want all your renpy.input with the same customized screen, you can go to the file screens.rpy and search "screen input(...". Customize directly the screen and that's it.
Comunidad Ren'Py en español: ¡Únete a nuestro Discord!
Rhaier Kingdom A Ren'Py Multiplayer Adventure Visual Novel.
Cops&Robbers A two-player experiment | Fear&Love Why can't we say I love you?
Honest Critique (Avatar made with Chibi Maker by ~gen8)

Becca-Boo

Re: Customising input box for player name

#3 Post by Becca-Boo »

Many many thanks!

*totally facepalms at her own ditziness*