RESOLUTION PROBLEM IN RENPY

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
none96
Soundcloud: Leo Collett

RESOLUTION PROBLEM IN RENPY

#1 Post by none96 »

Hello everyone!
Me and my sister are trying to create our first visual novel. And it goes well, except that we do not get the correct resolution in Renpy with the pictures. We use the recommended resolution 1280x720.
But the pictures are poor quality and it looks very wrong. My sister, the artist, uses an Apple iPad Ipad Pro (you do not connect it to the computer) you draw directly on the screen. She uses a program called Procreate and the image in the post is how it looks when we create the canvas of the pictures. What are we doing wrong if we have written the correct resolution to the pictures in Procreate?

Please help us :(
Attachments
44407248_247917902741761_5418565216336084992_n.jpg

Per K Grok
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: the Ghost Pilot, Sea of Lost Ships, Bubbles and the Pterodactyls, Defenders of Adacan Part 1-3, the Phantom Flyer
itch: per-k-grok

Re: RESOLUTION PROBLEM IN RENPY

#2 Post by Per K Grok »

none96 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:34 pm Hello everyone!
Me and my sister are trying to create our first visual novel. And it goes well, except that we do not get the correct resolution in Renpy with the pictures. We use the recommended resolution 1280x720.
But the pictures are poor quality and it looks very wrong. My sister, the artist, uses an Apple iPad Ipad Pro (you do not connect it to the computer) you draw directly on the screen. She uses a program called Procreate and the image in the post is how it looks when we create the canvas of the pictures. What are we doing wrong if we have written the correct resolution to the pictures in Procreate?

Please help us :(
We might need a bit more information here.

The saved image that you are using
- is it a background image?
- what is the size of the image (pixels x pixels)?
- what is the format of the image (such as png or jpg)?
- does the image look OK if it is shown in a different app (such as a browser)?
- what is wrong with the image when shown in Ren'py? If you have an image of what it should look like and what it does look like that would be helpful