Issue in building multiple game packages for Android

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Chu-3
Veteran
Completed: CAFE 0~The Drowned Mermaid~,duplicity~Beyond the Lies~, East Tower Series,How to Take Off Your Mask,CAFE 0 ~The Sleeping Beast~, How to Fool a Liar King
Projects: How to Fool a Liar King
Organization: roseVeRte
Tumblr: roseverte
itch: roseverte

Issue in building multiple game packages for Android

#1 Post by Chu-3 »

I'm updating my games for Android with renpy 7.1.1, and they worked fine, though I notice an issue that might cause bigger problem in future. That's why I decided to mention it here.

So what I build is:
Game A ver. 10004 (as standalone) >> it was build normally without any issue
Game B ver. 10003 (apk with obb) >> what was build is ver.10003 apk with obb, but it also generate another standalone ver.10004, with the Game B package name.
Game C ver. 10002 (as standalone) >> Beside standalone for game C, it's also generated ver. 10003 apk with obb and a standalone ver 10004 , also with game C file name.
Game D ver. 10002 (apk with obb) >> at the time I built this, I got ver 10002 apk with obb, ver 10003 apk with obb, and standalone ver 10004, all is named as game D

Which means, basically whenever I build a new game, renpy will also automatically build the previous version of other games I have built before (and named as the new game, but I haven't checked if it's include the other game or current game data) . In other words, if I build like 10 games, the size generated will be bigger and bigger as the unnecessary versions of the game are also generated at the same time.
The necessary game file itself works fine when I tested on my device, yet I need to delete bunch of unnecessary files generated accidentally by renpy.

Is there a way to only generate the game file with the version we entered in the each game configuration?

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

Re: Issue in building multiple game packages for Android

#2 Post by PyTom »

Good catch. I just landed a fix.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom