Building Update Failed - CalledProccessError

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
diamondbear

Building Update Failed - CalledProccessError

#1 Post by diamondbear »

Hello,

I am trying to build an update for use with the web updater, and when trying to create the build files for the game the program will crash with the following traceback. This only seems to happen during the zync step. I have tested building updates with success in a small test project, but this is the first time I am doing it with the full game. Hoping someone has had a similar issue before.

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/distribute.rpy", line 1484, in <module>
  File "game/distribute.rpy", line 1491, in _execute_python_hide
  File "game/distribute.rpy", line 558, in __init__
  File "game/distribute.rpy", line 1319, in make_package
  File "game/package_formats.rpy", line 249, in close
CalledProcessError: Command '['C:\\Program Files\\renpy-7.1.0-sdk\\lib\\windows-i686\\zsyncmake.exe', '-z', '-u', 'MyGame-1.1-pc.update.gz', '-o', 'C:\\Users\\me\\Documents\\personal\\visual-novel-work\\projects-directory\\MyGame-1.1-dists\\MyGame-1.1-pc.zsync', 'C:\\Users\\me\\Documents\\personal\\visual-novel-work\\projects-directory\\MyGame-1.1-dists\\MyGame-1.1-pc.update']' returned non-zero exit status 1

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "launcher/game/distribute.rpyc", line 1484, in script
  File "C:\Program Files\renpy-7.1.0-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 882, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Program Files\renpy-7.1.0-sdk\renpy\python.py", line 1913, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/distribute.rpy", line 1484, in <module>
  File "game/distribute.rpy", line 1491, in _execute_python_hide
  File "game/distribute.rpy", line 558, in __init__
  File "game/distribute.rpy", line 1319, in make_package
  File "game/package_formats.rpy", line 249, in close
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 540, in check_call
CalledProcessError: Command '['C:\\Program Files\\renpy-7.1.0-sdk\\lib\\windows-i686\\zsyncmake.exe', '-z', '-u', 'MyGame-1.1-pc.update.gz', '-o', 'C:\\Users\\me\\Documents\\personal\\visual-novel-work\\projects-directory\\MyGame-1.1-dists\\MyGame-1.1-pc.zsync', 'C:\\Users\\me\\Documents\\personal\\visual-novel-work\\projects-directory\\MyGame-1.1-dists\\MyGame-1.1-pc.update']' returned non-zero exit status 1

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.0.882
Ren'Py Launcher 7.1.0.882
Fri Nov 09 09:08:56 2018
Thank you again!