Creating own variable for CONFIRM screen? Please help!

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
tim640
Regular

Creating own variable for CONFIRM screen? Please help!

#1 Post by tim640 »

Hello again!
I don't quite remember posting about this yet, i had this problem for a while and finally returned to it.
By default, RenPy has a set of variables for CONFIRM screen when certain events occur:

Code: Select all

ARE_YOU_SURE = _("Are you sure?")
    DELETE_SAVE = _("Are you sure you want to delete this save?")
    OVERWRITE_SAVE = _("Are you sure you want to overwrite your save?")
    LOADING = _("Loading will lose unsaved progress.\nAre you sure you want to do this?")
    QUIT = _("Are you sure you want to quit?")
    MAIN_MENU = _("Are you sure you want to return to the main menu?\nThis will lose unsaved progress.")
    END_REPLAY = _("Are you sure you want to end the replay?")
    SLOW_SKIP = _("Are you sure you want to begin skipping?")
    FAST_SKIP_SEEN = _("Are you sure you want to skip to the next choice?")
    FAST_SKIP_UNSEEN = _("Are you sure you want to skip unseen dialogue to the next choice?")
It includes quite a few, however, i've been wondering if it's possible to create additional ones there? To be more concrete, i need a confirmation message appear every time i load a save file from the main screen. Like, it does ask when you load a file while playing the game, but just straight up loads the file from the main screen.

I am using modified base RenPy "SAVE/LOAD" screen, which determines save/load screens itself, so i can't quite make a custom "Yes/No" prompt screen for "load" function. That'd mean i'd have to write separate pages for Save/Load screens and i kinda feel like that'd be excessive since this works nicely
And even if i did, i really still would like to have two different messages for loading while gameplay and loading from the main screen.

I'd be really grateful for your help, been stuck for quite a while!!
I feel like there should be a string created (or maybe there is one, i'm just unaware), which would do the trick. Something like adding to RenPy list of confirm messages:

Code: Select all

LOAD_SAVE = _("Load this save?")

How do i make it happen? Thank you in advance!!