Game doesn't launch.

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
detruuteron
Projects: Nighttime
Tumblr: pristinemirror
itch: detruuteron

Game doesn't launch.

#1 Post by detruuteron »

Hello, I'm having this problem where the project doesn't launch. A file in the game directory of the project appears, the errors one, but it's empty. It just tells me there's an error, but there's no code below it or anything.

"I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again."

And then nothing. I checked the script and it's fine, so I don't know. What do I do?

Per K Grok
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: the Ghost Pilot, Sea of Lost Ships, Bubbles and the Pterodactyls, Defenders of Adacan Part 1-3, the Phantom Flyer
itch: per-k-grok

Re: Game doesn't launch.

#2 Post by Per K Grok »

detruuteron wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:46 pm Hello, I'm having this problem where the project doesn't launch. A file in the game directory of the project appears, the errors one, but it's empty. It just tells me there's an error, but there's no code below it or anything.

"I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again."

And then nothing. I checked the script and it's fine, so I don't know. What do I do?
That was not much information to go on.

The first thing to do is to see if you can launch a different project. If you can, then there is something wrong with this project.
Maybe there is something wrong with the script that you have missed.

Have you been able to launch the project earlier? Can you comment out the last stuff you added to the script. If the game launches after that you have at least identified where the problem is in the script.

That's the best I can do on the information you have given.