[Solved] Upload to Itch.io

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
CoolerMudkip
Regular
Completed: Memories~ Megami no hogo-sha [Demo]
Projects: Northward
Tumblr: CoolerMudkip
Github: ztc0611
itch: MorallyGay
Discord: MorallyGay#5861

[Solved] Upload to Itch.io

#1 Post by CoolerMudkip »

Is there a page with detailed documentation on how to set this up? I already went in and changed a line in itch.rpy in order to make it able to find butler.exe, but now it just stops after saying "Ren'py is scanning the project" for the second time. I've checked on my page, and it doesn't seem to have updated it. (It still says the most recent file was uploaded yesterday at ~10AM) Is it supposed to have a confirmation message? If yes, what am I doing wrong?

Things I tried:
-I have Butler's directory targeted correctly
-I have my username and game name set properly
-I have Butler linked to my Itch.io account properly

CoolerMudkip
Regular
Completed: Memories~ Megami no hogo-sha [Demo]
Projects: Northward
Tumblr: CoolerMudkip
Github: ztc0611
itch: MorallyGay
Discord: MorallyGay#5861

Re: [Solved] Upload to Itch.io

#2 Post by CoolerMudkip »

It actually was working correctly, it just wasn't showing me the upload progress bar. The uploaded file appeared on my itch.io page a few minutes ago.