Weird question

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
numaej

Weird question

#1 Post by numaej »

Hi guys. I know it's my first post and what's even worse, it'll be dumb as teenager saying that she'll never find a real love again. Let's cut the chase.

So, I've done all the coding and rendering and my project in an alpha stage is ready to rule the world, there's just one little problem.

How the hell can I make it playable? As I was all the time using the Ren'Py launcher, I never noticed, that I still miss the, let's call it "Launcher", in a game file. So currently my game file is full of file's, that are just useless for players. Any help for me to achieve it?

I know, for most of you it must be pathetic question, but you all know that everybody starts somewhere and there ain't any genius from day 1. So, please don't judge, as I'm a shame now asking this question anyways.

DannX
Regular

Re: Weird question

#2 Post by DannX »

There are no dumb questions, and yours is very valid, don't worry about it.
Basically what you need to do is, open the Ren'Py Launcher, select the game you want to release, look at the right of the launcher window for a button named "Build Distributions", click it, some options will appear, set them as you see fit and then hit the "Build" button. You may want however take a look at this post first, it should be useful: viewtopic.php?t=22346#p282773