Text Bleebs Only Playing Once

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Meinos Kaen
Regular
Completed: JPDE - Sonata of Fire
Projects: JPDE, Ars Oratoria, ONHA

Text Bleebs Only Playing Once

#1 Post by Meinos Kaen »

Good evening from Italy! So I tried my hand at inserting Text Bleeps into one of my projects. I've ran into a small problem. Aka, the sound only plays once for each sentence, and that's it.

What that means is that, instead of playing once for each letter -which is what I would like to happen- it just plays once and only plays again if I put a pause in the sentence.

For example, in this coded sentence:

Code: Select all

B "\"{color=#742f37}Bruno Tullio Vachellis{/color}, your holiness.{w=0.3} Representing the accused, {color=#C2DFFF}Pomare{/color}.\""
The bleep only plays on for the sentence before {w=0.3} and a second time for the rest of the text, and no more. Why do you think that's' happening?

This is the code I'm using for the defined character and callback.

Code: Select all

define B = Character('Bruno', callback=Bruno_Bleep, color="#742f37")

init -1 python:
    def Bruno_Bleep(event, **kwargs):
        if event == "show":
            renpy.music.play("sound/BGS/Bleeps/Bruno.wav", channel ="sound", loop=True)
        elif event == "slow_done" or event == "end":
            renpy.music.stop(channel="sound")
Last edited by Meinos Kaen on Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.