How Can I Feather or Change the Wipe Transition?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
JaredKHAce

How Can I Feather or Change the Wipe Transition?

#1 Post by JaredKHAce »

Hello everyone,
So recently, I've been messing around with the transitions in Ren'py to make them look more professional or just different from their default state. One transition I've had a problem with, however, is the wipe transition. Now, I don't know why, but I've been pretty set on using this transition. The problem is that it looks so boring and kind of jarring with it's sharp edges. My question is how would I change it to perhaps feather out the edges to be less crisp or just look better? Any help would be appreciated, but if not, I won't have a problem using another transition.

Thanks for your help in advance, I really appreciate it!

-Jared

Offworlder
Regular

Re: How Can I Feather or Change the Wipe Transition?

#2 Post by Offworlder »

This doesn't really answer your question, but it's about wipes in general!
Did you know you can use custom transitions? There's a thread in the Creative Commons forum where someone released a TON of free wipes in 1080p format. It's worth checking out: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=37628

They even take requests from time to time!
I'm sure it won't be long before someone stops by to answer your actual inquiry, by the way. xD;;